We are looking for subjects to be in the film!
• Have you been estranged from a loved one due to a difference in religious beliefs?
• Do you have trouble speaking with your family about politics?
• Do you have a friend who disagrees with your closely-held beliefs?
We want to hear from you.
This documentary will examine how religious and political ideology affect people’s lives and relationships. It will take a deep look at the similarities between religious and political ideologies, how these ideologies spread and indoctrinate adherents, how people come to believe what they do and what this means for our personal lives as well as for society as a whole.
Each documentary subject will be taught some of the tools and techniques from Peter Boghossian’s new book How to Have Impossible Conversations with the intention of helping them improve their conversations by making them more productive and congenial.
We are looking for a wide array of documentary subjects with a few key factors in common. These factors include:
- Holding political and/or religious beliefs that conflict with your friends, family or community at large.
- Ability to still talk with those who disagree with you.
- Interest in attempting to maintain relationships with friends, family and co-workers across political and religious divides.
- A conversation partner (ideally a family member or friend) willing to speak with you on camera.